[R-pkg-devel] Package submission error due to vignette

Jaihee Choi j@|heecho|01 @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue Nov 22 21:15:08 CET 2022

Hello,

I was trying to resubmit a package but was notified that it did not pass
the initial checks due to the following error message regarding compiling
my vignette:

Error: .onLoad failed in loadNamespace() for 'rje', details:
  call: getEngine(name, package)
  error: Vignette engine 'knitr' is not registered by any of the
packages 'knitr'
Execution halted

I have knitr, rmarkdown, and rje under "Suggests:" in my description
file, and I have VignetteBuilder: knitr. In the Vignette.Rmd I have
%\VignetteEngine{knitr::rmarkdown}.

Any guidance to resolve this issue would be much appreciated. Thank
you very much.

Best,
Jaihee Choi