[R-pkg-devel] R package development using GPU based on R package OpenCL

Martin Morgan mtmorg@n@b|oc @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue Oct 11 18:16:03 CEST 2022

I�m not particularly experienced with this but wrote a �proof-of-concept� skeleton of a package at https://github.com/mtmorgan/ocl . The basics are

  *   Import OpenCL in the DESCRIPTION file
  *   Write OpenCL scripts in inst/ (dnorm implemented in OpenCL)
  *   Use the helper function in R/ocl.R to source the code
  *   Provide a user-friendly interface as in R/examples.R (dnorm_ocl)

Martin

From: R-package-devel <r-package-devel-bounces using r-project.org> on behalf of Quirin Stier <Quirin_Stier using gmx.de>
Date: Tuesday, October 11, 2022 at 10:46 AM
To: r-package-devel using r-project.org <r-package-devel using r-project.org>
Subject: [R-pkg-devel] R package development using GPU based on R package OpenCL
Dear members,

I have difficulties packing my OpenCL functions together as a complete R
package. I did not find any exemplary R package building upon the R
OpenCL Package. Currently I can only run the OpenCL functions as was
presented by the OpenCL examples of the OpenCL package itself. So,
assuming I have working OpenCL files, how can I create the MakeVars (or
whatever necessity needs to be done), in order to create a fully
functional R package?

Best regards,

Quirin