[R-pkg-devel] Advice on resubmitting when no response from CRAN

David B. Dahl d@h| @end|ng |rom @t@t@byu@edu
Wed Sep 14 18:31:55 CEST 2022

Thanks for the reply, Ben.

The SystemRequirements is "Cargo (>= 1.56) for installation from source:
see INSTALL file".  The INSTALL notes that the package contains Rust source
code compiled by Cargo (the Rust package manager) which can be obtained
from the Rust project at https://rustup.rs.  On Windows, this involves
downloading an executable and following the onscreen instructions.

In my follow-up email, I wrote, "Alternatively, if you prefer, could these
packages please download
binary libraries produced by Cargo in accordance with the CRAN policy:
'Only as a last resort and with the agreement of the CRAN team should a
package download pre-compiled software.'"

So you suggest I politely nudge instead of resubmitting?  I don't think
that CRAN even has a copy of my submission anymore.  (It was here
https://cran.r-project.org/incoming/archive/ for several weeks, but is now
gone.)

Thanks!

-- David