[R-pkg-devel] Advice on resubmitting when no response from CRAN

Wed Sep 14 17:46:58 CEST 2022

    One question and one suggestion.

    Is the software required/indicated by the SystemRequirements field
unusual/possibly burdensome to install across platforms? That wouldn't
justify not responding to your e-mails, but it might explain why the
package didn't make it onto CRAN.

   For some context, can you tell us what the system
requirement/alternative is?

   The suggestion would be to politely nudge again.

On 9/14/22 11:24 AM, David B. Dahl wrote:
> Hi colleagues.  I am hoping to get some advice from you on how to get
> a package "unstuck" at CRAN without antagonizing the busy CRAN
> maintainers.
>
> I submitted to CRAN an update to one of my packages on August 5.  The
> submission passed the automatic tests on Debian, but not Windows.  The
> automated response said, "If you are fairly certain the rejection is a
> false positive, please reply-all to this message and explain."  I
> replied-all and noted that the failure should be resolved by please
> installing software as described in the SystemRequirements field and
> the referenced INSTALL file.  After three weeks of not hearing back, I
> sent a polite nudge (again via reply-all) on August 26 and suggested
> an alternative if my original solution was not feasible.  I still have
> not heard back and notice that now my package source is no longer on
> https://cran.r-project.org/incoming/archive/.
>
> How would you recommend that I proceed in a professional fashion?  Thanks!
>
> -- David B. Dahl

Dr. Benjamin Bolker
Professor, Mathematics & Statistics and Biology, McMaster University
Director, School of Computational Science and Engineering
Graduate chair, Mathematics & Statistics