[R-pkg-devel] Misspelled words in descrition and tar.gz inside folder

Spencer Graves @pencer@gr@ve@ @end|ng |rom e||ect|vede|en@e@org
Wed Aug 10 00:11:20 CEST 2022

Hello, Edward Wei:

	  Are you familiar with R Packages (2nd edition) Hadley Wickham and
Jenny Bryan?

https://r-pkgs.org

	  This book is the most up-to-date information I know on preparing
something for CRAN.  To your question specifically, I have a "WORDLIST"
file in an "inst" folder.

	  Below please find notes I've prepared for myself on the various tests
I've gotten from their book, etc.  The section numbers refer to an
earlier version of this book.  Ignore or use with caution.

	  Hope this helps.
	  Spencer Graves

# File > "Open Project..." > [parent of Package file]

# https://r-pkgs.org/release.html

#20.1.  Pick a version number:
#       in DESCRIPTION: must be later than any version on CRAN
#20.3.  The submission process
#       Store submission comments in cran-comments.md
#20.3.1.  Test environments
# devtools::check_win_*()
dir()

PkgName <- "Ecdat"
PkgRegExpr <- paste0('^', PkgName, '$')
(Pkg <- dir(pattern=PkgRegExpr))

devtools::check_win_devel(Pkg)
devtools::check_win_release(Pkg)
devtools::check_win_oldrelease(Pkg)

# devtools::check_rhub(Pkg)
#Error in match_platform(platform) :
#   Unknown R-hub platform, see rhub::platforms() for a list
# on 2022-07-04.

# https://r-pkgs.org/release.html
# now recommends:

rhub::check(Pkg)

# Select
# 3.  Apple Silicon (M1), macOS 11.6 Big Sur, R-release
(macos-m1-bigsur-release)
# This may not be correct:  I have mac)S 11.6.7 running an Intel core i7.

#20.3.3.  Reverse dependencies

# install.packages("revdepcheck")
#devtools::install_github('r-lib/revdepcheck')

# revdepcheck::revdep_reset(Pkg)

# revdepcheck::revdep_check(Pkg, num_workers = 4)

#20.4.  Update README.md and NEWS.md

#20.5.  Submit to CRAN

library(devtools)
# spell_check(Pkg)

release(Pkg)

#20.6.  Update the version number for the future
#20.7.  Publicise

#20.1.  Pick a version number:  in DESCRIPTION > what's on CRAN

#20.2.  Run & document R CMD check
# 2.1-0 because this is to match the move of
# the database maintenance to wu.ut.at

#20.3.  Check CRAN policies
#20.4.  Update README.md and NEWS.md
#20.5.  Submit to CRAN
#20.6.  Update the version number for the future
#20.7.  Publicise