[R-pkg-devel] Misspelled words in descrition and tar.gz inside folder

Tue Aug 9 23:43:16 CEST 2022

On Tue, 9 Aug 2022 13:38:33 -0700
Edward Wei <edwwei2020 using gmail.com> wrote:

> 1. My misspelled words are just referencing names of packages and
> programming terms etc. Is there a way to get around this or should I
> omit them from my description and put them somewhere else.

If you can, mention them in the comments to the CRAN submission.

> 2. I wanted to confirm this, but the tar.gz for CRAN submission
> SHOULD NOT be in the folder of the directory for my package.

Check your R CMD build process. There seemed to have been an
avfintools.tar.gz file in the package directory at the time when you
were preparing the package tarball. If you prefer to build the package
in the current directory (i.e. by running R CMD build .) or otherwise
need that file there, use .Rbuildignore to prevent it from ending up
inside the tarball. For example, you can put \.tar\.gz$ on a line there
to skip all files with names ending with .tar.gz.

--
Best regards,
Ivan