[R-pkg-devel] Misspelled words in descrition and tar.gz inside folder

Uwe Ligges ||gge@ @end|ng |rom @t@t|@t|k@tu-dortmund@de
Wed Aug 10 10:29:21 CEST 2022

On 09.08.2022 22:38, Edward Wei wrote:
> Hello. Here is my "NOTE" message.
>
> * checking CRAN incoming feasibility ... NOTE
> Maintainer: ‘Edward Wei <edwwei2020 using gmail.com>’
>
> New submission
>
> Possibly misspelled words in DESCRIPTION:
>    alphavantager (8:3, 9:7)
>    Alphavantager (7:32)
>    api (7:58, 8:36)
>    Avfintools (10:18)
>    Vantager (3:55, 10:46, 11:56)
>
> * checking top-level files ... NOTE
> Non-standard file/directory found at top level:
>    ‘avfintools.tar.gz’
>
> My questions are:
>
> 1. My misspelled words are just referencing names of packages and
> programming terms etc. Is there a way to get around this or should I omit
> them from my description and put them somewhere else.

Software names should be single quotes in the Title and Description
fields of the DESCRIPTION file. Other "possibly misspelled" words that
are actually fine will be reviewed by manual inspection anyway. Just
ignore these.

> 2. I wanted to confirm this, but the tar.gz for CRAN submission SHOULD NOT
> be in the folder of the directory for my package.

No. You should submit a package created by R CMD build which will not
generated tar.gz files within in your package structure.

Best,
Uwe Ligges