[R-pkg-devel] Misspelled words in descrition and tar.gz inside folder

Sokol Serguei @ergue|@@oko| @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Aug 10 12:02:18 CEST 2022

Le 09/08/2022 à 22:38, Edward Wei a écrit :
> Hello. Here is my "NOTE" message.
>
> * checking CRAN incoming feasibility ... NOTE
> Maintainer: ‘Edward Wei <edwwei2020 using gmail.com>’
>
> New submission
>
> Possibly misspelled words in DESCRIPTION:
>    alphavantager (8:3, 9:7)
>    Alphavantager (7:32)
>    api (7:58, 8:36)
>    Avfintools (10:18)
>    Vantager (3:55, 10:46, 11:56)
>
> * checking top-level files ... NOTE
> Non-standard file/directory found at top level:
>    ‘avfintools.tar.gz’
>
> My questions are:
>
> 1. My misspelled words are just referencing names of packages and
> programming terms etc. Is there a way to get around this or should I omit
> them from my description and put them somewhere else.

You can try to surround package names in singe quotes <'>.

> 2. I wanted to confirm this, but the tar.gz for CRAN submission SHOULD NOT
> be in the folder of the directory for my package.
Right. However, you can want to distribute some auxiliary data, e.g.
data supporting examples in your doc. In this case, such auxiliary files
can go in "inst/" directory. All the content from this directory will be
placed in the root of your package. So it may be more informative for an
end-user to place them in "inst/examples/" or alike. Thus, the user will
find them in "<package_dir>/examples/".

Best,
Serguei.