[R-pkg-devel] Rd cross-references ... NOTE, Undeclared packages ... in Rd xrefs

Spencer Graves @pencer@gr@ve@ @end|ng |rom e||ect|vede|en@e@org
Mon Jun 13 21:31:56 CEST 2022

On 6/13/22 2:22 PM, Ivan Krylov wrote:
> On Mon, 13 Jun 2022 13:59:24 -0500
> Spencer Graves <spencer.graves using effectivedefense.org> wrote:
>
>> I probably should have just used "Suggests" and not
>> bothered this list with this issue.
>
> Why not use the \link{foo} form and let the HTML help system resolve
> the link at run time? Is it considered bad form to use unqualified
> links to help pages in other packages?

	  The problem is that \link{foo} cannot distinguish between
\link[a]{foo} and \link[b]{foo}.  Using "Suggests" sounds to me more
like how how the R Core and CRAN teams probably think the system should
work.

	  But Duncan or someone else may think differently.

	  Thanks, Spencer