[R-pkg-devel] function name conflict

Tue Apr 12 19:50:51 CEST 2022

On Tue, 12 Apr 2022 13:29:58 -0400
"Kevin R. Coombes" <kevin.r.coombes using gmail.com> wrote:

> I also only use one function from each of the two imported pakages,
> and they are explicitly listed in importFrom directives in the
> NAMESPACE file.

This should be the right thing to do: list them in Imports and either
use importFrom() or qualify the names of the functions you use with
their namespaces; but don't list them in Depends.

Are you sure you're not importing some other package (or listing it in
Depends) that, in turn, Depends on rlang and/or lifecycle, bringing
them into your namespace too?

Can you show us the code?

--
Best regards,