[R-pkg-devel] should I increase the version number when resubmitting a package that failed incoming tests?

Thu Feb 17 22:03:54 CET 2022

On Thu, 17 Feb 2022 20:53:50 +0000
Daniel Kelley <Dan.Kelley using Dal.Ca> wrote:

> My question is: should I retain the same version number, or should I
> bump the number?

CRAN policy currently says:

"Increasing the version number at each submission reduces confusion so
is preferred even when a previous submission was not accepted."

<https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/policies.html#Re_002dsubmission>

I don't think you'd be penalised for incrementing a version, anyway,
and there doesn't seem to be a formal cool-down period for
resubmissions. It's reasonable to reupload once you're confident you've
addressed all

--
Best regards,
Ivan