[R-pkg-devel] package test returns error when R version 4.1.0

dbos@k01 m@iii@g oii gm@ii@com dbos@k01 m@iii@g oii gm@ii@com
Tue Jul 6 14:08:59 CEST 2021

Martin:

What I suggested was he remove the LazyData entry from the description file
if he was NOT lazy loading data.  If someone is lazy loading data, then that
is a different situation, and they obviously need to set the entry.

But clearly Gm has a different problem.  He has now tried "LazyData: true",
"LazyData: false", and removing the LazyData entry entirely.  And he is
still getting this error:

* installing *source* package 'movecost' ...
** using staged installation
** R
** data
** byte-compile and prepare package for lazy loading
ERROR: lazy loading failed for package 'movecost'
* removing 'd:/RCompile/CRANguest/R-release/lib/movecost'

So changing the description entry isn't helping.  Maybe someone else has a
suggestion of what to try next.

David