[R-pkg-devel] package test returns error when R version 4.1.0

brodie gaslam brod|e@g@@|@m @end|ng |rom y@hoo@com
Tue Jul 6 14:52:47 CEST 2021

> On Tuesday, July 6, 2021, 8:09:18 AM EDT, dbosak01 using gmail.com <dbosak01 using gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Martin:
>
> What I suggested was he remove the LazyData entry from the description file
> if he was NOT lazy loading data.  If someone is lazy loading data, then that
> is a different situation, and they obviously need to set the entry.
>
> But clearly Gm has a different problem.  He has now tried "LazyData: true",
> "LazyData: false", and removing the LazyData entry entirely.  And he is
> still getting this error:
>
> * installing *source* package 'movecost' ...
> ** using staged installation
> ** R
> ** data
> ** byte-compile and prepare package for lazy loading
> ERROR: lazy loading failed for package 'movecost'
> * removing 'd:/RCompile/CRANguest/R-release/lib/movecost'

FWIW I think this is lazy loading of the code, which I think is
 different to what LazyData controls.  This is described in
R-Internals:

https://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/R-ints.html#Lazy-loading

I know nothing about it so I will not comment further.

Best,

B.