[R-pkg-devel] Windows load error installing package

J C Nash pro|jcn@@h @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Jun 10 15:22:19 CEST 2021

Hi,

I'm mentoring Arkajyoti Bhattacharjee for the Google Summer of Code project "Improvements to nls()".

Thanks to help from Duncan Murdoch, we have extracted the nls() functionality to a package nlspkg and are building
an nlsalt package. We can then run nlspkg::AFunction() and nlsalt::AFunction() in a single script to compare.
This works great in Linux, with the packages building and installing under the command line or in Rstudio.
But in Windows CMD the "R CMD build" works, but "R CMD INSTALL" gives a number of errors of the type

*** arch - i386
C:/RBuildTools/4.0/mingw32/bin/../lib/gcc/i686-w64-mingw32/8.3.0/../../../../i686-w64-mingw32/bin/ld.exe:
loessf.o:loessf.f:(.text+0x650): undefined reference to `idamax_'

The reference is to a BLAS function, so I am fairly certain there is some failed pointer, possibly a
makevars.win entry, that we need. So far my searches and (possibly silly) attempts to provide links
have failed.

Can anyone provide suggestions?

John Nash