[R-pkg-devel] Windows load error installing package

Thu Jun 10 15:37:00 CEST 2021

On 10 June 2021 at 09:22, J C Nash wrote:
| Thanks to help from Duncan Murdoch, we have extracted the nls() functionality to a package nlspkg and are building
| an nlsalt package. We can then run nlspkg::AFunction() and nlsalt::AFunction() in a single script to compare.
| This works great in Linux, with the packages building and installing under the command line or in Rstudio.
| But in Windows CMD the "R CMD build" works, but "R CMD INSTALL" gives a number of errors of the type
|
| *** arch - i386
| C:/RBuildTools/4.0/mingw32/bin/../lib/gcc/i686-w64-mingw32/8.3.0/../../../../i686-w64-mingw32/bin/ld.exe:
| loessf.o:loessf.f:(.text+0x650): undefined reference to `idamax_'
|
| The reference is to a BLAS function, so I am fairly certain there is some failed pointer, possibly a
| makevars.win entry, that we need. So far my searches and (possibly silly) attempts to provide links
| have failed.
|
| Can anyone provide suggestions?

Guess: On Linux you use a complete (external) BLAS, on Windows you use the
(subset) BLAS provided by R which may not have the desired function rending
your approach less portable.  See what sessionInfo() has to say on both.

Dirk

--
https://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd using debian.org