[R-pkg-devel] OpenMP on MacOS

Hugh Parsonage hugh@p@r@on@ge @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Jun 7 16:28:30 CEST 2021

Ensure you surround all your omp pragmas like so:

#ifdef _OPENMP
#pragma omp parallel ...
#endif

Essentially, detecting the operating system is not enough -- you need
to condition your use of OpenMP if and only if _OPENMP is available.

You should also do the same for

#if _OPENMP
#include <omp.h>
#endif

Note that this will also make your loops sequential when OpenMP is not
available.