[R-pkg-devel] Cannot reproduce errors of archived CRAN package

Will L w|||@|@nd@u @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Sun Apr 25 16:45:56 CEST 2021

All,

I was just informed that the {targets} package was archived.

Version 0.4-1 is still failing on macOS so it and tarchetypes have been
> archived.
> A recheck on my own Intel Mac today gives the same check ERRORs as
> reported on the CRAN results page.
> Do not submit again without reproducing this error and confirming it has
> been corrected.

The CRAN check errors (all unique to {targets} version 0.4.1) are at
https://cran-archive.r-project.org/web/checks/2021/2021-04-25_check_results_targets.html,
and I have been unable to reproduce them. I tried a fresh installation of R
4.0.2 and packages on my own Intel Mac, as well as GitHub Actions and both
Mac builds at https://builder.r-hub.io/. All those checks pass.

The error is somehow related to a very simple internal R6 class:
https://github.com/ropensci/targets/blob/4deba948b8d6ecf82511a5a58b1eb9a0addcf2bd/R/class_config.R.
The elusive failing tests are ostensibly in
https://github.com/ropensci/targets/blob/4deba948b8d6ecf82511a5a58b1eb9a0addcf2bd/tests/testthat/test-class_config.R,
but they always pass for me.

Will