[R-pkg-devel] winUCRT failures

Tomas Kalibera tom@@@k@||ber@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Apr 26 14:21:56 CEST 2021

On 4/25/21 2:49 PM, Duncan Murdoch wrote:
> The current CRAN release of rgl fails on winUCRT because of missing
> dependencies:
>
> 'htmlwidgets', 'htmltools', 'knitr', 'jsonlite', 'shiny', 'magrittr',
> 'crosstalk', 'manipulateWidget'.
>
> Tracing `htmlwidgets` shows it also fails because of missing
> dependencies:
>
> 'htmltools', 'jsonlite', 'yaml'
>
> and 'htmltools' fails because of missing dependencies
>
> 'digest', 'base64enc', 'rlang'
>
> but 'digest' only gets a warning (congratulations, Dirk!), 'base64enc'
> gets a NOTE (hurray Simon!).  'rlang' is failing a test because of a
> missing suggested dependency on 'glue'.  At that point I stopped
> searching.
>
> Does anyone have a list of packages that actually need fixes?  I'd
> like to help those maintainers with the necessary updates.

Hi Duncan,

thanks for helping with the fixes to packages needed for this toolchain
(and for having UTF-8 as native encoding on Windows). Fixing packages to
properly declare their dependencies will be useful in general.

And thanks for asking about the missing dependencies, it turns out that
the checks broke during transition of R-devel to 4.2. I've fixed my
scripts now and if I got it right, correct results should appear in
about 1.5 days from now. The numbers were about 10x better before this
happened.

A number of packages will still need fixing. I can help searching the
logs for the root issues (packages failing for other reasons than
missing dependencies) once the results are correct again. And I can also
make the logs downloadable in tarball etc (rather than one-by-one).

Best
Tomas