[R-pkg-devel] R package check stuck on “checking use of S3 registration …”

Fri Feb 26 21:31:02 CET 2021

XQuartz has offered users an upgrade from version 2.7.11 to 2.8.0.  The
betas of the upgrade were causing anything X11 related to hang (rgl
users reported it to me), and backing out to 2.7.11 didn't necessarily
fix it.  I haven't tried the recently offered release candidate, but I
would suspect it will cause trouble with any package compiled against
2.7.11, as the macOS binaries on CRAN likely are.

If reinstalling 2.7.11 doesn't fix it, you may need to remove some 2.8.0
leftovers, as described here:

https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-sig-mac/2021-February/013952.html

Duncan Murdoch