[R-pkg-devel] Error occurring only when I submit to CRAN

Elysée Aristide @r|e|92@nd @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Fri Feb 12 08:45:02 CET 2021

Greetings,

I submitted my package CDatanet <https://github.com/ahoundetoungan/CDatanet>.
Before that I checked (as CRAN) locally on Linux and Windows and I did not
get any error. I only get a note about my address mail (which is normal).
However, when I submitted the package to CRAN, I got a warning and an error
with the Window server:  <http://goog_371023383/>
https://win-builder.r-project.org/incoming_pretest/CDatanet_0.0.1_20210208_174258/Windows/00check.log

* checking PDF version of manual ... WARNING

LaTeX errors when creating PDF version.
This typically indicates Rd problems.
LaTeX errors found:
! Package inputenc Error: Unicode char ‐ (U+2010)
(inputenc)                not set up for use with LaTeX.

See the inputenc package documentation for explanation.
Type  H <return>  for immediate help.
* checking PDF version of manual without hyperrefs or index ... ERROR
* checking for detritus in the temp directory ... OK
* DONE

while the Debian server is ok:  <http://goog_371023385/>
https://win-builder.r-project.org/incoming_pretest/CDatanet_0.0.1_20210208_174258/Debian/00check.log

How can I fix this given that I am not able to reproduce the error locally?

Thank you very much for your help.

*Aristide Elysée HOUNDETOUNGAN*
*Ph.D. Candidate in Economics at Université Laval*
*Personal website : *www.ahoundetoungan.com