[R-pkg-devel] Error occurring only when I submit to CRAN

Fri Feb 12 09:46:57 CET 2021

On Fri, 12 Feb 2021 02:45:02 -0500
Elysée Aristide <ariel92and using gmail.com> wrote:

> How can I fix this given that I am not able to reproduce the error
> locally?

Your LaTeX setup seems to have better Unicode support than the one
installed on CRAN machines. Try using tools::showNonASCIIfile on all
your *.Rd files to find the one containing a Unicode hyphen, then
replacing it with ASCII hyphen-minus.

I'm afraid that I'm finding your use of License: field a bit confusing.
"GPL-3 + file LICENSE" typically means that the package license
restricts a base license, the restrictions being provided in the
LICENSE file. In your case, LICENSE seems to contain the text
of Apache-2.0 license. Does it mean that some parts of the package are
GPL-3, while others are covered by the Apache license? If you want to
indicate that either license applies to the whole package, I think that
"GPL-3 | file LICENSE" would be a better fit. Apologies if you have
already clarified this particular usage with someone more knowledgeable
than me.

--
Best regards,
Ivan