[R-pkg-devel] Testing on old R versions

Sun Jan 31 11:32:17 CET 2021

I am trying out a modified version of the tidyverse actions, and it does
seem to be going well.  Just one question:

rgl has a soft dependency on alphashape3d, and alphashape3d has a hard
dependency on rgl.  This means that I need to install in the order

   rgl hard dependencies
   rgl
   rgl soft dependencies

Currently I'm using this code to do that:

   # First install rgl with minimal deps then the rest
   devtools::install()
   remotes::install_deps(dependencies = TRUE)

but devtools seems unnecessarily heavy for this.  Does remotes have a
way to specify the install in the right order?

Duncan Murdoch