[R-pkg-devel] Testing on old R versions

Hadley Wickham h@w|ckh@m @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Fri Jan 29 20:26:28 CET 2021

On Thu, Jan 28, 2021 at 6:27 PM Henrik Bengtsson
<henrik.bengtsson using gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> you're probably already aware of it, but 'rgl' depends on 'magrittr'
> which depends on 'rlang', and the latter requires R (>= 3.3.0).

For the reference, we support R-release, R-devel, and the last four
versions of R:
https://www.tidyverse.org/blog/2019/04/r-version-support/.

We automatically run checks on all these R versions using GitHub
actions. You can use the same config as us by running
usethis::use_tidy_github_actions(). If you're already using GitHub,
I'm pretty confident that this is the fastest/easiest way to check
with older versions of R.

Hadley

--
http://hadley.nz