[R-pkg-devel] CRAN check texi2dvi failure

Sun Jan 10 17:43:49 CET 2021

On 10/01/2021 9:12 a.m., Paul Gilbert wrote:
> Thanks Enrico for the great guess, and Georgi for the details.
>
> If I omit the space as seems to be implied in some documentation, changing
>     \verb <https://www.bankofcanada.ca/2006/03/working-paper-2006-3> .
>     \verb<https://www.bankofcanada.ca/2006/03/working-paper-2006-3> .
>
> then the R CMD check error "\verb ended by end of line" happens on my
> linux machine. I did not try replacing the space with another
> deliminator, which I guess would now be the correct way to use \verb.

Yes, you would need to do that.

> The solution of adding
>     \usepackage{url}
>
> and changing to
>     \url{https://www.bankofcanada.ca/2006/03/working-paper-2006-3}.
>
> does seem to work. (No "on CRAN" confirmation yet but I have not had the
> immediate pre-test rejection that I got previously.)

The risk of this change is that the URL may fail in CRAN tests; see the
recent "URL checks" thread on R-devel for a discussion of ways in which
this can happen even when the URL works for you.

Duncan Murdoch