[R-pkg-devel] Used package not updated - needs java < V 11

Knut Krueger rhe|p @end|ng |rom krueger-|@m||y@de
Thu Dec 17 19:22:35 CET 2020

>        Also, I received an email from CRAN maintainers months ago saying
> that "gdata" was being obsoleted.  It's still on CRAN with a date of
> 2017-06-06 and a huge number of reverse dependencies.  The CRAN
> maintainers may have gotten someone to agree to take it over who just
> hasn't finished fixing whatever deficiencies it has.  However, you might
> see how difficult it might be to do without "gdata" as well.
>

>        Spencer Graves

    Is it permissible to copy the code from rename.vars (gdata) inside
my package with an hint:

"  Function rename.vars Source code from gdata as gdata is unmaintained
since 2017-06-06 Rename variables in a dataframe
Author(s)
Don MacQueen (package gdata), macq\@llnl.gov."

it is the only function I am using from gdata.

Knut