[R-pkg-devel] CRAN pending status , left up in the air

Rafael H. M. Pereira r@|@@pere|r@@br @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Oct 19 17:34:01 CEST 2020

Thank you  Dirk and Hugo for your responses. I guess I'll just have to be
patient and wait.

I can only imagine how the CRAN team is overwhelmed by the exponential
growth of package submissions. I wonder, though, whether the CRAN
maintainers and the R community more broadly are thinking about
alternatives to deal with such growing demand without compromising the
speed and consistency/quality of package development. Expanding the team of
CRAN maintainers would be the most obvious solution but I confess I'm not
familiar enough with the whole process to assess what would be the best
routes of action to tackle this bottleneck.

best

Rafael H M Pereira