[R-pkg-devel] CRAN pending status , left up in the air

Hugo Gruson hugo@gru@on+R @end|ng |rom norm@|e@up@org
Mon Oct 19 10:46:06 CEST 2020

Hi all,

this is a bit tricky since the documentation on the dashboard comes from
an official, authoritative, source: the R journal [1].

"pending: if a decision is pending a response from the package
maintainer: If an additional issue was present in the package that we
cannot check for in the incoming checks (such as the BLAS issues
mentioned in the section above), the maintainer is automatically asked
whether these issues have been fixed. Same is true for change of
maintainer (or maintainer's mail address) where the old maintainer (old
address) is automatically asked to confirm the maintainer change. The
answers have to be processed manually."

As Dirk explains and as reported in
https://github.com/lockedata/cransays/issues/29, it is likely not true
anymore but in the absence of further official information, it is
difficult to issue a fix.

A later issue of the R journal [2] introduces the "waiting" and
"newbies" categories but does not expand on the new role of "pending".

Best,

Hugo

[1]: https://journal.r-project.org/archive/2018-1/cran.pdf
[2]: https://journal.r-project.org/archive/2019-1/cran.pdf