[R-pkg-devel] CRAN pending status , left up in the air

Mon Oct 19 02:18:09 CEST 2020

On 18 October 2020 at 20:56, Rafael H. M. Pereira wrote:
| The CRAN incoming Dashboard indicates that the status of my package (r5r)
| is "pending", which means 'the CRAN maintainers are waiting for an action
| on your side. You should check your emails!'.

AFAICT the text there is wrong: it corresponds to state 'waiting' as
'pending' means CRAN is pondering the state of the package.

Your package has only been there for three (mostly weekend) days which is
nothing. I have one 'waiting' for five days now and it is simply (AFAICT) a
false positive. Plus, it had already been delayed by a spurious compilation
error on their end before that so the total is well over a week now. Very
frustrating.  But there is exactly zero you or I can do about it.

| However, I haven't received any email with guidance on how to proceed. Is
| there any CRAN webpage to check the latest check results and get a sense of
| what I should be doing?

No.

I can only suggest to trust official documentation (Writing R Extensions,
CRAN Repository Policy) more. Asking here is also better than guessing.

Dirk

--
https://dirk.eddelbuettel.com | @eddelbuettel | edd using debian.org