[R-pkg-devel] Help in getting past CRAN submission rejections

Toby Hocking tdhock5 @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Sep 10 01:38:55 CEST 2020

Hi Naras
I had a similar issue recently with
https://cloud.r-project.org/web/packages/nc/ --- it Suggests: re2r which is
a package that is no longer on CRAN, but available on github. To solve the
issue I just copied the re2r into a drat repo, which is a CRAN-like
repository hosted on github. More info on drat here
http://eddelbuettel.github.io/drat/DratForPackageAuthors.html So if those
solver packages you have in Suggests are open-source, you can just copy
them to your drat repo, and list that drat repo in Additional_repositories.
If they aren't open-source then you should provide a description of how to
obtain those packages in Description. Something like "gurobi package is not
available in any public open-source repositories but can be downloaded for
academic use free of charge from $GUROBI_URL"
BTW thanks for your efforts in getting CVXR on CRAN, that is really
important work!
Toby