[R-pkg-devel] Help in getting past CRAN submission rejections

Balasubramanian Narasimhan n@r@@ @end|ng |rom @t@n|ord@edu
Wed Sep 9 19:40:12 CEST 2020

We've been struggling to get past CRAN's rejections for a new upload of
CVXR.  The new version makes essentially one change to the existing
version on CRAN: the addition of a DOI to an article to appear in JSS.
We realize that CRAN may tighten policies in the meantime forcing some
changes to be made, which we are happy to do. But we are not sure what.

The automated check
<https://win-builder.r-project.org/incoming_pretest/CVXR_1.0-6_20200908_223033/>
came back with 2 notes on Debian and Windows, both addressed in replies
and submission comments. (Solaris failures are expected, also noted.)

The communications with CRAN indicates that the problem might be that
our package (the current version too) _suggests_ solvers not available
on CRAN. These are either on github or on vendor websites (free to
academics after login).  One reply from CRAN suggested that we either
use the "Additional_repositories" field or provide some text in
Description. The former is not applicable---these are not CRAN-like
repositories---so we added text in the description with URL links.

What could we be missing?

Thanks.

-Naras