[R-pkg-devel] package CatDataAnalysis

Charles Geyer ch@r||e @end|ng |rom @t@t@umn@edu
Sun Jun 28 20:18:30 CEST 2020

That's a good idea about adding some licence info to the web page, but note
that Agresti is not the original source of any of this data.  Some of it
was published in subject matter papers by the scientists involved.  For
some perhaps (I don't know) Alan got the whole data set via consulting and
the whole data (as opposed to summary statistics) was never published.
This is the case for almost all real data that statisticians re-analyze for
examples.  There is no "licence" and AFAIK (IANAL) none is needed.  If
there were most textbooks and most papers in statistics would be in
violation of law.

--
Charles Geyer
Professor, School of Statistics