[R-pkg-devel] package CatDataAnalysis

Sun Jun 28 20:08:49 CEST 2020

On Sun, 28 Jun 2020 11:07:46 -0500
Charles Geyer <charlie using stat.umn.edu> wrote:

>Please note that I made Alan Agresti (with his acquiescence) the
>author of the package

Sorry to derail this, but is it possible for Alan Agresti to add a line
to the page [*] allowing redistribution of the data, preferably under
the terms of a well-known license such as CC BY-NC [**] or ODbL [***]?
As it stands, CRAN only has your word (and the fact that this whole
thread is Cc: to Prof. Agresti) that Alan Agresti agreed to have the
data published as an R package. It might be needed to allow creating
derivative works to make creating such a package feasible, though
(otherwise I would assume that only literal redistribution is allowed).

With that done, you could be much more comfortable providing the
requested description for the package, no?

--
Best regards,
Ivan

[*] http://www.stat.ufl.edu/~aa/cda/data.html