[R-pkg-devel] email misleading: checking CRAN incoming feasibility ... NOTE Maintainer

Uwe Ligges ||gge@ @end|ng |rom @t@t|@t|k@tu-dortmund@de
Mon Jun 8 16:57:39 CEST 2020

On 08.06.2020 16:52, Spencer Graves wrote:
> Hi, Uwe et al.:
>

>        What's the preferred way to eliminate tests on CRAN that the
> maintainer still wants to run on other platforms?
>

>        For several years, I've been using "if(!fda::CRAN()){...}". I've
> been told that I should NOT do that, but it has worked for me, and I
> haven't found anything better.  I've recently seen
> "testthat::skip_on_cran(...)", but I have yet to understand enough of
> how it works to actually use it.

Nor do I how they can find out, as our idea is that CRAN cannot be
special cased.
If you want to run additional tests, you can execute them if some env
var is set that you define on machines where you want to run the
additional tests.

Best,
Uwe Ligges