[R-pkg-devel] irrecoverable exception occurred during CRAN submission checks

Thu Jun 4 02:01:15 CEST 2020

Daniel,

On 3 June 2020 at 10:18, Daniel Lüdecke wrote:
| I just submitted an update of my package to CRAN and it does not pass
| incoming checks. While local checks, win-builder and GitHub CI
| (Mac/Win/Linux) all pass, I get the Note you see below for the checks during
| submission process. I have no idea why this happens and see this message for
| the first time. I *assume* it's a temporary issue / false positive, but want
| to be sure before I reply to the CRAN team.
|
| Can anyone help how I can address this issue, or if it indeed might be a
| false positive?

What package? A package / repo name would have helped here. Did I miss it?

One of my golden rules for debugging is the old "doctor, doctor, I hurt when
I do this" joke. There is no shame in disabling a test that bites: "if it
hurts, don't do it". The next step then is is to reproduce locally---which is
still an uphill battle because CRAN, resource contrained as they are, have
not provided their setups in ways that are easily reproducible by us mortals.

Hth,  Dirk