[R-pkg-devel] irrecoverable exception occurred during CRAN submission checks

Daniel Lüdecke d@|uedecke @end|ng |rom uke@de
Wed Jun 3 10:18:37 CEST 2020

Hello,

I just submitted an update of my package to CRAN and it does not pass
incoming checks. While local checks, win-builder and GitHub CI
(Mac/Win/Linux) all pass, I get the Note you see below for the checks during
submission process. I have no idea why this happens and see this message for
the first time. I *assume* it's a temporary issue / false positive, but want
to be sure before I reply to the CRAN team.

Can anyone help how I can address this issue, or if it indeed might be a
false positive?

Thanks and best wishes
Daniel

Flavor: r-devel-linux-x86_64-debian-gcc, r-devel-windows-ix86+x86_64
Check: CRAN incoming feasibility, Result: Note_to_CRAN_maintainers
  Maintainer: 'Daniel Lüdecke <d.luedecke using uke.de>'

Flavor: r-devel-linux-x86_64-debian-gcc
Check: dependencies in R code, Result: NOTE

   *** caught segfault ***
  address 0x7f1c76752008, cause 'invalid permissions'

  Traceback:
   1: dyn.load(file, DLLpath = DLLpath, ...)
   2: library.dynam(lib, package, package.lib)
   3: loadNamespace(p)
   4: withCallingHandlers(expr, message = function(c) if (inherits(c,
classes)) tryInvokeRestart("muffleMessage"))
   5: suppressMessages(loadNamespace(p))
   6: withCallingHandlers(expr, warning = function(w) if (inherits(w,
classes)) tryInvokeRestart("muffleWarning"))
   7: suppressWarnings(suppressMessages(loadNamespace(p)))
   8: doTryCatch(return(expr), name, parentenv, handler)
   9: tryCatchOne(expr, names, parentenv, handlers[[1L]])
  10: tryCatchList(expr, classes, parentenv, handlers)
  11: tryCatch(suppressWarnings(suppressMessages(loadNamespace(p))),
error = function(e) e)
  12: tools:::.check_packages_used(package = "insight")
  An irrecoverable exception occurred. R is aborting now ...
  Segmentation fault

Universitätsklinikum Hamburg-Eppendorf; Körperschaft des öffentlichen Rechts; Gerichtsstand: Hamburg | www.uke.de
Vorstandsmitglieder: Prof. Dr. Burkhard Göke (Vorsitzender), Joachim Prölß, Prof. Dr. Blanche Schwappach-Pignataro, Marya Verdel