[R-pkg-devel] Including fst in inst/extdata

Mon Apr 27 14:12:04 CEST 2020

Hugh,

On 27 April 2020 at 16:02, Hugh Parsonage wrote:
| I would like to include some fst files (produced by fst::write_fst) in
| inst/extdata so that (a) users can update them between releases and
| (b) to take advantage of fst's benefits. However, when I do this and

Good idea, it is a very capable format!

| run R CMD check I get the warning "Found the following executable
| file: "inst/extdata/file.fst"

That refers to the file modes which will be (in octal notation) 775 or 755.

| I'm not sure whether this qualifies as a "rare false positive" as WRE
| mentions, but if it isn't is there a way to include fst files in a
| package without raising a warning?

Turn the execute bit off i.e. make them 664 or 644 and warning goes away.

In short, this has nothing to do with the .fst extension or content.

Dirk