[R-pkg-devel] Including fst in inst/extdata

Hugh Parsonage hugh@p@r@on@ge @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Apr 27 08:02:57 CEST 2020

I would like to include some fst files (produced by fst::write_fst) in
inst/extdata so that (a) users can update them between releases and
(b) to take advantage of fst's benefits. However, when I do this and
run R CMD check I get the warning "Found the following executable
file: "inst/extdata/file.fst"
I'm not sure whether this qualifies as a "rare false positive" as WRE
mentions, but if it isn't is there a way to include fst files in a
package without raising a warning?

Hugh Parsonage.