[R-pkg-devel] pandoc lua filter error with win devel check

Fernando Roa |ro@o @end|ng |rom un@|@edu@co
Sat Jan 11 13:58:01 CET 2020

Hi,
just a comment,
I found interesting that despite CRAN Solaris also not having pandoc > 2,
it deals with (pandoc_args: --lua-filter=) different to CRAN Windows Server.

This is the output of Solaris: (vignette does not crash - no error "in
submission")

"Warning in engine$weave(file, quiet = quiet, encoding = enc) :
  Pandoc (>= 1.12.3) and/or pandoc-citeproc not available. Falling back to
R Markdown v1."

It does not produce the error seen in Windows (pandoc < 2), which is:

"pandoc.exe: unrecognized option
`--lua-filter=refs/multiple-bibliographies.lua'

Error: processing vignette 'index.Rmd' failed with diagnostics:
pandoc document conversion failed with error 2"

So, it seems absence of pandoc, or being more outdated (solaris) is
"better" than the windows version, which crashes in presence of the
lua-filter.
(Consider also that vignettes in CRAN and browseVignettes() are not from
solaris or windows)

Best,

--
Fernando Roa