[R-pkg-devel] roxygen2 7.0.1 backslash escape error

Sat Nov 30 17:29:17 CET 2019

On 30/11/2019 10:21 a.m., Yoni wrote:
> Thank you for the clarification.
>
> I am then more confused.
>
> The CRAN version of the package (texPreview) has been unchanged since
> Oct 23, at which point it was passing the checks with no errors.
>
> Here is the CRAN mirror on GitHub with the example that is now erroring.
>
> https://github.com/cran/texPreview/blob/master/R/kable.R
>
> The examples section seems to have valid R code in them.
>
> Last week (after roxygen2 was updated on CRAN to 7.0.1) the same
> documentation is throwing errors.
>
> Here is the CRAN checks link:
> https://cran.r-project.org/web/checks/check_results_texPreview.html
>
> Has the method of checking documentation changed in the past week that
> would cause these previously working examples to start to fail?

I don't really know what the cause is, but I suspect the roxygen2 update
is a coincidence. In your CRAN log you show this error:

     > x <- tex_preview(tex,returnType = 'input')
     Error in tex_preview.default(obj, tex_lines, stem, overwrite,
keep_pdf, :

     ! LaTeX Error: File `/tmp/Rtmp6V8kds/tex_temp.tex ' not found.

     Type X to quit or <RETURN> to proceed,
     or enter new name. (Default extension: tex )

     Enter file name:
     ! Emergency stop.
     <read *>

     l.17 \input{ /tmp/Rtmp6V8kds/tex_temp.tex }

If I look really closely at the LaTeX error message, I see that the
filename has a space at the end.  Your \input macro had spaces both
before and after.  Perhaps a LaTeX update makes the trailing space
significant, and that's the issue?  I couldn't spot where those spaces
came from; maybe if you just remove them the problem will go away.