[R-pkg-devel] How to submit to CRAN from GitHub?

Spencer Graves @pencer@gr@ve@ @end|ng |rom e||ect|vede|en@e@org
Sun Sep 22 20:33:23 CEST 2019

Hello:

       Two questions:

HOW TO SUBMIT TO CRAN FROM GITHUB:  Is there a standard method for
submitting to CRAN from GitHub?  (There's a simple protocol for
submitting to CRAN from R-Forge, but I've experienced insurmountable
problems using R-Forge recently.)

PACKAGE STILL FAILING TRAVIS CI:  The latest report from
builds using travis-ci.org on my Ecdat package for R on GitHub ends with
"Found warnings, treating as errors (as requested)."  The word "warning"
appears in that report over 100 times.  I didn't see anything there that
suggested to me anything I understand how to change.

NOTE:  "R CMD build Ecdat --resave-data" followed by "R CMD check
Ecdat_0.3.3-tar.gz" completed with no errors, warnings or notes under
macOS 10.14.6 and Windows 7 and 10.

       Thanks,
       Spencer Graves