[R-pkg-devel] Package manual built by CRAN (Xposted from R-help)

Thu Jul 25 21:33:15 CEST 2019

This sounds like a LaTeX bug in whatever system CRAN is using to produce
the PDF.  Like you, I don't see footnotes, I see the link inline with a
complete URL.  I think you'd get the footnotes if the LaTeX hyperref.sty
file is not found, but there may be other ways to trigger that option.

Duncan Murdoch