[R-pkg-devel] bayespca package - CRAN test

Wed Jun 5 14:05:31 CEST 2019

On 05/06/2019 7:13 a.m., D. Vidotto wrote:
> Dear members,
>
>                  Yesterday I submitted a package called 'bayespca' (version 0.0.2) to CRAN. Today, I received an e-mail saying that the package did not pass some test.
> Thus, today I have been working on fixing these problems (original three notes). While I could fix almost all of them, there is still one problem left which I cannot fix. It is the following one:
>
> * checking line endings in C/C++/Fortran sources/headers ... NOTE
> Found the following sources/headers with CR or CRLF line endings:
>    inst/include/aux_functions.h
>    inst/include/elbo_functions.h
>    inst/include/expectedvalues.h
>    inst/include/updateElbo.h
>    inst/include/updateExpected.h
>    inst/include/vbalgorithm.h
> Some Unix compilers require LF line endings.
>

> How can I fix these? Why are my cpp files in the source folder correct, while these headers are not? Furthermore, when I run the R CMD check -as-cran on my machine (Windows), the test about line endings pass with no problems. May you help me telling me how I can modify the line endings of the above files?

I don't know why you are getting inconsistent test results, but one way
to fix these is to open each file in your text editor, and save it with
LF line endings.

If you are using RStudio, this is an option that's a little hard to
find:  go to Tools | Project Options...  | Code editing | Line ending
conversion, and choose "Posix (LF)".  Open and save each file, and it
should be converted to the format that CRAN wants.