[R-pkg-devel] CRAN student assistants

alejandro baranek @|ej@ndrob@r@nek @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu May 16 17:19:48 CEST 2019

Hi!

Mi humble opinion:

I cannot evaluate the workload for CRAN maintainer, but it don't seem to be
reasonable that students can make objections with packages that "do not
yield R CMD check problems or otherwise violate CRAN policies."

Maybe CRAN maintainer team are giving review tasks for those students, for
increasing package evaluation skills. But a new protocol should be
implemented with this seamly new position, where students learning errors
doesn't obstruct the workflow of senior package developers with own QA
methods implemented, as a result of years efforts.

Is not bad new workforce helps with heavy duties: it's an excelent news.
But It cannot cause problems with tunned workflow/pipelines. Is the
internal CRAN process for package approval described somewhere?

Best, Ale.