[R-pkg-devel] advice about errorCondition() function in the Rcmdr package

Fox, John j|ox @end|ng |rom mcm@@ter@c@
Wed May 15 19:26:43 CEST 2019

Dear Uwe,

I think that here rarely == never!

> (nor
> base::errorCondition), hence it should be quite safe if other packages import
> correctly into their namespace and use the version their maintainers import?

Typically an Rcmdr plug-in package will import(Rcmdr) because it will use many functions exported by the Rcmdr package.

>  From that point of view, there are no changes required in Rcmdr.

Ok -- thanks -- that makes sense.

Best,
 John