[R-pkg-devel] False Positive WARNING in devtools::check_built

Jarrett Phillips ph||||p@j@rrett1 @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Fri May 3 16:02:36 CEST 2019

Hello,

I have run devtools::check_built() on my package tarball to ensure the
presence of no ERRORS/WARNINGS or NOTES. The below WARNING was found:

W  checking for unstated dependencies in examples ...

   Warning: parse error in file 'HACSim-Ex.R':

   197:17: unexpected symbol

   196: # user prompted to select appropriate FASTA file of

   197: aligned/trimmed DNA

                                            ^

My documentation doesn't run up to line 197. All documentation is below 100
lines in length.

Prior to a small fix (changing \dontrun to \donttest), my package had zero
WARNINGS, ERRORS and NOTES.

The WARNING seems to stem from the 'DNA' reference within the comment.

Is the above WARNING a false positive?

i recently updated to R 3.5.3, could this have caused this issue?

Thanks!

Cheers,

Jarrett