[R-pkg-devel] data in R package

Mon Apr 29 15:10:29 CEST 2019

On 29/04/2019 5:03 a.m., Raffaele Argiento wrote:
> Dear all
>

> we are developing a R package and we would like to include as an
> example  published data that we have taken from a paper. Is this
> allowed ? Where can I find the policy about distributing data through
> the R Package

There are two answers to this.  If you are intending to distribute your
package on CRAN, then the appropriate document is

https://cran.r-project.org/web/packages/policies.html

Relevant parts of it would likely be the rules about size and copyright
status, but there may be other parts too:  read it over.

If you are not intending to distribute on CRAN, then you are pretty free
to do whatever you want, subject to the laws of your country.  R has no
standing to control what you do with your own creation.