[R-pkg-devel] Package suggested but not available for checking: 'rPeaks'; Additional_repositories

Ralf Stubner r@||@@tubner @end|ng |rom d@q@n@@com
Mon Apr 15 19:06:37 CEST 2019

On 15.04.19 18:50, Tan Zhou wrote:
> I followed the suggestions based on
> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/29419776/r-package-dependencies-not-installed-from-additional-repositories
> .
> But it didn't work out for me. OR maybe I didn't set up it right.
>
> My GitHub repository is https://github.com/tankwin08/waveformlidar.
>
> My DESCRIPTION:
> Suggests:
>     knitr,
> rPeaks
> Additional_repositories: https://github.com/jrminter/rPeaks/

The 'Additional_repositories' field is meant for additional CRAN-like
repositories, not for a git(hub) repository. A simple way to create such
a CRAN-like repository is given by the drat package, as mentioned in the
referenced SO answer. I am using that for the swephR package:

Suggests:
    testthat,
    swephRdata,
    knitr,
    rmarkdown
Encoding: UTF-8

So while the 'swephRdata' can be found at
https://github.com/rstub/swephRdata/, the 'Additional_repositories'
field points to my drat repository.

In your case, you could either ask the rPeaks author to create a drat
repo or do that yourself (possibly with the author's consent).

Greetings
Ralf

--
Ralf Stubner
Senior Software Engineer / Trainer

daqana GmbH
Dortustraße 48
14467 Potsdam

T: +49 331 23 61 93 11
F: +49 331 23 61 93 90
M: +49 162 20 91 196
Mail: ralf.stubner using daqana.com

Sitz: Potsdam
Register: AG Potsdam HRB 27966
Ust.-IdNr.: DE300072622
Geschäftsführer: Dr.-Ing. Stefan Knirsch, Prof. Dr. Dr. Karl-Kuno Kunze