[R-pkg-devel] Meaning and consequences of action pending in the submission pipeline

Staudacher, Jochen, Prof. Dr. jochen@@t@ud@cher @end|ng |rom h@-kempten@de
Fri Mar 15 18:51:01 CET 2019

Dear colleagues,

I submitted a new package on Saturday, 9 March 2019.

Approx. 48 hours ago, i.e. on Wednesday, 13 March 2019, my package was moved to the subfolder "pending".

I am worried, because I did not receive any email from CRAN concerning why my package was "pending" and what I needed to do.

According to

https://journal.r-project.org/archive/2018-1/cran.pdf

the action "pending" in the submission pipeline means that a decision is pending a response from the package maintainer and implies the action includes an informative email message to the package maintainer.

Do I misunderstand the meaning and consequences of the action "pending"?

Any advice will be gratefully received.

Cheers,

Jochen

Prof. Dr. Jochen Staudacher
Fakult�t Informatik
Hochschule Kempten
Bahnhofstr. 61
87435 Kempten
Tel.: +49 (0)831 2523-513
Email: jochen.staudacher using hs-kempten.de