[R-pkg-devel] CRAN submission examples don't run

Horia Yeb hor|@@yeb @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue Mar 5 11:10:48 CET 2019

Hi all,
I am still trying to submit my first package, I've corrected a few bibs and
bobs and submitted with running examples. On my computer running check
--as-cran, the examples run perfectly, but on submission they don't seem to
run for some reason.
Here is the return from submission, 3 NOTEs ( the first one is checking
CRAN incoming feasibility ...) .

----
[snipet]

* checking compiled code ... OK
* checking examples ...
** running examples for arch 'i386' ... [53m] NOTE
Examples with CPU or elapsed time > 10s
                user system elapsed
DataViz-package 0.05   0.02 1844.87
throwchart      0.03   0.00 1319.79
** running examples for arch 'x64' ... [49m] NOTE
Examples with CPU or elapsed time > 10s
                user system elapsed
DataViz-package 0.03   0.00 1319.66
throwchart      0.02   0.01 1619.35
* checking PDF version of manual ... OK
* DONE
----

So I think that the examples aren't running at all rather than taking 50m
to run. The examples run an R function calling C++ function that
systematically opens an .html file in a browser. I could see this as a
problem maybe?

When looking at the pdfs in the package.check in examples the pdf file
"Package-Ex" is   empty/not working , could this be a reason for the
malfunction? Or is it normal?
Here is the report :
https://win-builder.r-project.org/incoming_pretest/DataViz_0.2_20190228_113204/Windows/00check.log

Any help would be appreciated!