[R-pkg-devel] License note on CRAN submission

Uwe Ligges ||gge@ @end|ng |rom @t@t|@t|k@tu-dortmund@de
Mon Mar 4 09:46:15 CET 2019

On 04.03.2019 05:34, Chris Brien wrote:
> I recently submitted an updated version of my package asremlPlus to CRAN and it did not pass incoming checks automatically because there were 3 Notes.
>
> One Note was straightforward to fix and using rhub::check_for_cran I having verified that it is fixed. The rhub response from Windows server 2008 r-devel and Fedora linux, r-devel,  clang was  as follows:
>
> -----
> License components with restrictions and base license permitting such:
>    MIT + file LICENSE
> File 'LICENSE':
>    YEAR: 2019
>
>    COPYRIGHT HOLDER: CHRIS BRIEN

Looks like you have an extra line between  YEAR and COPYRIGHT HOLDER?
Simply omitting that should solve the issue.

Nevertheless, I do not believe you had a lot trouble getting this to
CRAN in the past.

Best,
Uwe Ligges